Kiā ora e te whānau
What amazing Tawhai Staff & whanau we have! This morning they arrived armed with shovels, rakes, wheelbarrows and trailers (thanks to the Treloars!) ready to do battle with the little kids playground and for the next 3 hours, not only did they have to remove the old bark, but they had to dig a trench around the perimeter for Lloyd to drill holes so that when we have a huge downpour, the water can drain out very quickly instead of collecting in the playground rendering it unavailable sometimes!
A HUGE thank you to everyone who came along!
A BIG paki paki to the tamariki who worked very hard and thoroughly enjoyed the pizza lunch after their endeavours! They also did a lot of jumping off the playground equipment to test the new bark chip!
The playground looks wonderful now as can be seen from the photos below!
Many hands do indeed make light work!
Did anyone take home a long-handled shovel by mistake? If so, can they please contact Kelly as she is missing hers. I have added a photo of the one she has that belongs to Ange but hopefully the first photo below will jog someone’s memory!
Top level navigation
- Tawhai School
- Our Learning
- Our People
- Tawhai School at the Polyfest 2019
- The Whanau Picnic & Curriculum Expo 2020
- Artsplash 2019
- Year 4 Students Receive their Dictionaries from Rotary 2020
- Dancesplash 2019
- Central/Northern Zone Athletics 2020
- Nga Kukari Students Celebrations 2020
- The Class of 2020 in Photos!
- Year 5 & 6 Camp 2021
- Interzone Athletics 2020
- Stokes Valley Christmas Parade 2020
- Year 6 Leavers’ Dinner & Prize Giving 2020
- True Value Production 2018
- Interzone Cross Country 2021
- Walkathon/Pink Shirt Day 2020
- Tawhai School Cross Country 2020