On Friday the 9th April, from 11:30am to 12:45pm, Nga Kukari are going to visit our local Koraunui Marae.
This term Nga Kukari’s inquiry question (NPDL) is based around Whakapapa and understanding how our past has shaped who we are today. The children are looking at local New Zealand history, by learning about the history of Stokes Valley and in particular our Koraunui Marae.
We are looking at how connections, community and culture contributes to our sense of belonging and our own story. At Tawhai School we have connections with Koraunui Marae and our visit there will give the children an opportunity to learn more about the Marae’s special place in our community. The children will learn about the history of the Marae, through the stories of the past, which are shared in the beautiful carvings and artwork throughout the Marae.
When we arrive at Koraunui we will participate in a Powhiri, where we will be supported by Koraunui staff. The Powhiri process is a loving and respectful beginning of a new relationship. All are welcome to join us on Friday to enjoy this wonderful experience with us.
As part of the Powhiri process, we are looking for someone in our community who can support Tawhai by giving a Karanga. If you are able to do this for us please email email@example.com
We would love for some parent/whanau help to walk the children down to the Marae. Please let your classroom teacher know if you are able to help for this trip.
Thank you for your continued support.
Nga Kukari Team
Top level navigation
- Tawhai School
- Our Learning
- Our People
- Tawhai School at the Polyfest 2019
- The Whanau Picnic & Curriculum Expo 2020
- Artsplash 2019
- Year 4 Students Receive their Dictionaries from Rotary 2020
- Dancesplash 2019
- Central/Northern Zone Athletics 2020
- Nga Kukari Students Celebrations 2020
- The Class of 2020 in Photos!
- Year 5 & 6 Camp 2021
- Interzone Athletics 2020
- Stokes Valley Christmas Parade 2020
- Year 6 Leavers’ Dinner & Prize Giving 2020
- True Value Production 2018
- Tui Glen Enviro Group Visit 2019
- Walkathon/Pink Shirt Day 2020
- Nga Kukari Fun Athletics Day 2019