Kia ora e te whanau
Unfortunately, because of the wind and drivning rain this morning, Tawhai Kura could not hold the second Mihi Whakatau of the year under the whareruruhau (canopy) but instead our kura hall provided the setting with a limited number of senior classes attending.
The Manuhiri (the new students, new School Board Members, & Mrs Rampala) were warmly and formerly welcomed to Tawhai Kura by a karanga from Tu Rangatira leaders, Memphis, Jessie, & Lianna (thank you to the ongoing support of Charmaine from Koraunui Marae).
After speeches from Mr Whiteman on behalf of the Tangata Whenua (staff & students), Mr McGarry (on behalf of the Manuhiri) & Principal, Mrs Poole, the manuhiri touched elbows with the Tangata Whenua.
After the Mihi Whakatau was concluded with the Tawhai Kura waiata sung beautifully by Rooms 1,3, and 14, our families were then invited to the staffroom to enjoy, a kapu tea, kawhe and kai afer Memphis, Jessie, and Lianna gave a karakia!
Top level navigation
- Tawhai School
- Our Learning
- Our People
- Tawhai School at the Polyfest 2019
- The Whanau Picnic & Curriculum Expo 2021
- Artsplash 2019
- Friday Fun Day 2021
- Dancesplash 2019
- Central/Northern Zone Athletics 2020
- Year 4 & 5 Assembly 2021
- The Class of 2021 in Photos!
- Year 5 & 6 Camp 2021
- Horoeka Reserve Puanga / Matariki Event 2021
- Stokes Valley Christmas Parade 2020
- Year 6 Leavers’ Dinner & Prize Giving 2021
- The Rock Bottom Production by Craig Hawes 2021
- Interzone Cross Country 2021
- Walkathon & Blue Day
- Tawhai School Cross Country 2021