This evening it was a wonderful privilege to attend a very special presentation of the ‘Tawhai School Stand at Dawn’ book to the RSA.
After reciting the ode to remembrance at 6pm, Principal Karen Poole introduced our lovely Te Rangatira Students Charlotte Philpott and Ruby Cole who told the assembled patrons that the book was made up of a collection of photos that families from Tawhai School shared to show how they acknowledged ANZAC Day during lockdown. Only 2 books had been made, one for Tawhai School and the other was for the RSA. They then presented the book to RSA President John Benvenuti.
Mr Benvenuti in his address, appeared very moved and gratified by the gift and thanked Tawhai School, acknowledging the longstanding ties that both the school and the RSA have enjoyed over the years.
A very BIG thank you has to go to Deb Barnden for not only organising ( along with RSA member Trevor Couchman) this very special and poignant presentation but for the way she brought all the threads together to made the book possible!
Top level navigation
- Tawhai School
- Our Learning
- Our People
- Cross Country 2019
- Tawhai School at the Polyfest 2019
- Artsplash 2019
- Tawhai Cup Day 2019
- Dancesplash 2019
- Book Character Dress Up Day 2019
- Year 4 EOTC Week 2019
- Girls Futsal Festival 2019
- Year 5 & 6 Camp 2019
- Nga Manu Athletics Day 2019
- Offical Opening of New Entranceway & Pumpkin Patch Hub 2018
- Year 6 Leavers’ Dinner & Prize Giving 2019
- True Value Production 2018
- Tui Glen Enviro Group Visit 2019
- Tawhai has Talent 2018
- Nga Kukari Fun Athletics Day