Kiā ora e te whānau,
This week our Kura have been enjoying a very enriching week of Te Wiki o te Reo Māori on top of our ongoing te Reo Māori programme.
Room 8 are very blessed that their Kaiako, Miss Perry was able to share with them her wonderful knowledge of Raranga and how to use it to make ika.
Room 15 had a lot of fun playing Maui and matau, as well as learning the words to Dave Dobbyn’s song, slice of heaven in te reo! The tamariki have also been practising talking to each in short sentences such as, ko te aha tenei ra?
Room 7 have been singing waiata to show their support for the “Māori Language Moment” this week.
Some of the senior Students learnt about how to spin poi and different stances with a rakau.
Today Room 5 joined with the tamariki in the Pumpkin Patch to complete a Mahi ngā tahi (collaborative project) by each colouring in a poster piece of the Battle of the Mountains, which will be fitted together next week!
Ka pai tamariki!
Top level navigation
- Tawhai School
- Our Learning
- Our People
- Tawhai School at the Polyfest 2019
- The Whanau Picnic & Curriculum Expo 2020
- Artsplash 2019
- Year 4 Students Receive their Dictionaries from Rotary 2020
- Dancesplash 2019
- Central/Northern Zone Athletics 2020
- Nga Kukari Students Celebrations 2020
- The Class of 2020 in Photos!
- Year 5 & 6 Camp 2021
- Interzone Athletics 2020
- Stokes Valley Christmas Parade 2020
- Year 6 Leavers’ Dinner & Prize Giving 2020
- True Value Production 2018
- Interzone Cross Country 2021
- Walkathon/Pink Shirt Day 2020
- Tawhai School Cross Country 2020