Kia ora e te whānau
To conclude a very busy Term 3, our Ngā Manu ākonga came together this morning for the last assembly!
Charli & Kobe from Rum toru were our very able co-presenters for this particular assembly. After the school karakia and National anthem, Charli and Kobe presented the Student Awards. Unfortunately, Tumuaki Mrs Poole wasn’t able to attend the assembly to present the Principal awards, but was able to go pop around the classrooms later!
Our wonderful Kapa Haka group have been doing a lot of mahi with the help of Miss Page and Mr Whiteman as they prepare for the upcoming Kapa Haka Festival next term and they sang a few waiata for the rest of the tamariki! See video below for the first 2 waiata!
Ka pai tamariki! Awesome singing!
Mr McGarry had decided that an award was missing from yesterday’s Tawhai Cup! The Wooden Spoon! We are aware that this is usually awarded to the team that comes last, BUT Mr McGarry felt that the Ruma toru needed to be acknowledged as the team who during the last several weeks had improved the most! Maddox proudly accepted it on behalf of his class!
Ruma Rua, even though they were spread across the hall, were declared the best class!
Have a safe and restful holiday everyone!
Top level navigation
- Tawhai School
- Our Learning
- Our People
- Tawhai School at the Polyfest 2019
- The Whanau Picnic & Curriculum Expo 2021
- Artsplash 2019
- Friday Fun Day 2021
- Dancesplash 2019
- Central/Northern Zone Athletics 2020
- Year 4 & 5 Assembly 2021
- The Class of 2021 in Photos!
- Year 5 & 6 Camp 2021
- Horoeka Reserve Puanga / Matariki Event 2021
- Stokes Valley Christmas Parade 2020
- Year 6 Leavers’ Dinner & Prize Giving 2021
- The Rock Bottom Production by Craig Hawes 2021
- Interzone Cross Country 2021
- Walkathon & Blue Day
- Tawhai School Cross Country 2021