Our ever popular annual whanau picnic took place on a glorious summer’s afternoon here at Tawhai School today. We had a wonderful turnout of families, armed with their tea and picnic blankets, ready to enjoy a good couple of hours of fellowship and information!
Our wonderful teachers, after either walking around the grounds to chat with the families, or playing a game of cricket on the field with the kids, set up their stalls with colourful and informative displays showcasing what our local curriculum had to offer the students. These displays comprised of: Literacy, Maths, the Tawhai Values, Digital Technologies and ICT, Enviro Schools, Culturally Responsive Practices, P.E/Health, Inquiry, the Arts and Partnerships. There were also displays of early days of Tawhai School 50 years ago!
The response from our families was very warm and enthusiastic and the staff were asked some excellent questions about all aspects of the curriculum!
Our Board Chairperson Angela Whitmarsh was on hand to cut a huge cake commemorating the 50th anniversary of the school so the children and their families could enjoy a piece while walking around the displays!
A BIG thank you to our intrepid camp fundraisers, Nicole Stewart & Renee Saul for their trojan efforts selling tickets for the grocery raffle!
Top level navigation
- Tawhai School
- Our Learning
- Our People
- Tawhai School at the Polyfest 2019
- The Whanau Picnic & Curriculum Expo 2020
- Artsplash 2019
- Year 4 Students Receive their Dictionaries from Rotary 2020
- Dancesplash 2019
- Central/Northern Zone Athletics 2020
- Nga Kukari Students Celebrations 2020
- The Class of 2020 in Photos!
- Year 5 & 6 Camp 2021
- Interzone Athletics 2020
- Stokes Valley Christmas Parade 2020
- Year 6 Leavers’ Dinner & Prize Giving 2020
- True Value Production 2018
- Tui Glen Enviro Group Visit 2019
- Walkathon/Pink Shirt Day 2020
- Nga Kukari Fun Athletics Day 2019