It was an absolute sea of blue as the students, staff and parents/whanau came out of the school grounds to do our annual Walkathon this morning and to acknowledge Cystic Fibrosis Month (May 1st-31st) as we have a Student in the school with the condition.
The conditions were perfect as the children either ran around the blocks several times, or just enjoyed walking and chatting to their friends. Our wonderful PTSG Committee (dressed in their new pink fluro jackets!) and parent helpers were on hand to either marshall the various checkpoints or stamp hands as they completed the circuits.
Everyone got an ice block at the end to enjoy at the end of their walk.
The Students who were doing Whait’s Programme, He Maori ahau during the Walkathon, had the opportunity to do their own Walkathon after morning team on the track.
A HUGE thank you to the PTSG for organising this lovely event. Thank you to Nic Shute and the Tu Rangatira Students for doing the letter box drop before the event.
Lastly thank you to the parents/grandparents/whanau for taking the time to enjoy the walk with your children!
Top level navigation
- Tawhai School
- Our Learning
- Our People
- Tawhai School at the Polyfest 2019
- The Whanau Picnic & Curriculum Expo 2020
- Artsplash 2019
- Year 4 Students Receive their Dictionaries from Rotary 2020
- Dancesplash 2019
- Central/Northern Zone Athletics 2020
- Nga Kukari Students Celebrations 2020
- The Class of 2020 in Photos!
- Year 5 & 6 Camp 2021
- Interzone Athletics 2020
- Stokes Valley Christmas Parade 2020
- Year 6 Leavers’ Dinner & Prize Giving 2020
- True Value Production 2018
- Interzone Cross Country 2021
- Walkathon/Pink Shirt Day 2020
- Tawhai School Cross Country 2020