Today was an exciting day for our Year 4 Students as it would be the day that they receive their very much awaited dictionaries from the Rotary Club of the Hutt River Valley. Rotary members, Ross McKinnon, Alan Thorburn, and Senior Constable, Stu Blake arrived a little past 9.00am to be warmly by the Students and their teachers, Miss Sissons & Miss Duffy.
Before the presentation, Mr Thorburn told the children a little about the wonderful work that Rotary do. They not only give dictionaries every year to Year 4 Students in 8 primary schools in the Hutt Valley, (something that they have been doing for the last 7 years!) they do some wonderful work in and around the community and a lot of it is based around education and young people! The 100 year old organisation also raises funds for projects such as women’s Refuge, Te Omanga Hospice and other worthwhile projects!
The Students were then called up to receive their own personal dictionary. They were all so excited to get them that they could not wait to start looking through them!
A MASSIVE thank you to our wonderful Rotary Club of the Hutt River Valley. We are all so very grateful for all the great work that you have done and continue to do!
Top level navigation
- Tawhai School
- Our Learning
- Our People
- Tawhai School at the Polyfest 2019
- The Whanau Picnic & Curriculum Expo 2020
- Artsplash 2019
- Year 4 Students Receive their Dictionaries from Rotary 2020
- Dancesplash 2019
- Central/Northern Zone Athletics 2020
- Nga Kukari Students Celebrations 2020
- The Class of 2020 in Photos!
- Year 5 & 6 Camp 2021
- Interzone Athletics 2020
- Stokes Valley Christmas Parade 2020
- Year 6 Leavers’ Dinner & Prize Giving 2020
- True Value Production 2018
- Tui Glen Enviro Group Visit 2019
- Walkathon/Pink Shirt Day 2020
- Nga Kukari Fun Athletics Day 2019