Kia Ora Room 14 Parents/Caregivers,
I hope everyone is doing well and is looking after themselves and their whanau.
I am just touching base with everyone re the next steps in regards to your child and their learning. I am currently working away at what our online programme will look like after the school holidays. As you may be aware the Government has brought the school holidays forward and these will now start this weekend and end after Easter (the Tuesday after Easter is also a holiday for schools). Our online learning programme will begin on Wednesday 15th April.
For the rest of this week students can access their google account which has a number of passwords already sorted. Students can do some of these activities.
I will also share a doc with them today through Google Classroom (if you haven’t signed up the class code is kl3asay) that is asking them to chat with you and record on the doc the best way for me to contact them and to keep in touch whilst we are distance learning. This will then help me to put together a timetable of when and how I can contact them during the day.
The students also have access to many different online resources such as:
- Get epic (an online library that we use in class – they have offered a temporary free subscription during this time).
- Sunshine online (reading) – lots of reading books and online activities (username and password is – tawhai
- Mathletics (Maths) – I will be assigning tasks on here – but there are other activities they can do on this – please let me know if they need their login and passwords again.
- Studyladder – I will be assigning tasks
- Google docs (writing) – they can write stories, journals, daily diary – and share these with me.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me via email should you have any questions or need support with anything that is set.
I think that this is a good time to spend time with your kids and keep them safe and happy. There are plenty of other things that they could be doing that will help them with their learning which include lots of things in and around the house as well.
Please stay safe everyone and I will be in touch in the next few days.