Despite the wet weather we had a wonderful day of Matariki celebrations.
After the roll was taken, a Nga Kukari class was buddied up with a Nga Manu class and the celebrations commenced!
The students after hearing all about Matariki through watching videos and hearing stories, did some very enjoyable activities together. Everyone took turns in either decorating yoghurt pottles before planting their pea seeds or kite making ( Thanks to Debbie Howie for manning the wheelbarrow with the soil!)
Some of the children got a chance to have a game of poi throwing!
A huge thanks to Tawhai parents, Gavin, Michelle, Melanie, Donna and Ben who come in and cooked up a storm so that the children could enjoy a shared kai (sausage & bread) at lunchtime. Thank you to the senior students who helped to deliver the food to the classrooms.
Despite the intermittent rain, some the of the children managed to go outside to fly their beautiful kites!
A big thank you to Julia Dorgan and Dave Whiteman for organising this very special day!
Top level navigation
- Tawhai School
- Our Learning
- Our People
- Cross Country 2019
- Tawhai School at the Polyfest 2019
- Artsplash 2019
- Tawhai Cup Day 2019
- Dancesplash 2019
- Book Character Dress Up Day 2019
- Year 4 EOTC Week 2019
- Girls Futsal Festival 2019
- Year 5 & 6 Camp 2019
- Nga Manu Athletics Day 2019
- Offical Opening of New Entranceway & Pumpkin Patch Hub 2018
- Year 6 Leavers’ Dinner & Prize Giving 2019
- True Value Production 2018
- Tui Glen Enviro Group Visit 2019
- Tawhai has Talent 2018
- Nga Kukari Fun Athletics Day