Despite the wet weather we had a wonderful day of Matariki celebrations.
After the roll was taken, a Nga Kukari class was buddied up with a Nga Manu class and the celebrations commenced!
The students after hearing all about Matariki through watching videos and hearing stories, did some very enjoyable activities together. Everyone took turns in either decorating yoghurt pottles before planting their pea seeds or kite making ( Thanks to Debbie Howie for manning the wheelbarrow with the soil!)
Some of the children got a chance to have a game of poi throwing!
A huge thanks to Tawhai parents, Gavin, Michelle, Melanie, Donna and Ben who come in and cooked up a storm so that the children could enjoy a shared kai (sausage & bread) at lunchtime. Thank you to the senior students who helped to deliver the food to the classrooms.
Despite the intermittent rain, some the of the children managed to go outside to fly their beautiful kites!
A big thank you to Julia Dorgan and Dave Whiteman for organising this very special day!
Top level navigation
- Tawhai School
- Our Learning
- Our People
- Tawhai School at the Polyfest 2019
- The Whanau Picnic & Curriculum Expo 2020
- Artsplash 2019
- Year 4 Students Receive their Dictionaries from Rotary 2020
- Dancesplash 2019
- Central/Northern Zone Athletics 2020
- Nga Kukari Students Celebrations 2020
- The Class of 2020 in Photos!
- Year 5 & 6 Camp 2021
- Interzone Athletics 2020
- Stokes Valley Christmas Parade 2020
- Year 6 Leavers’ Dinner & Prize Giving 2020
- True Value Production 2018
- Tui Glen Enviro Group Visit 2019
- Walkathon/Pink Shirt Day 2020
- Nga Kukari Fun Athletics Day 2019