Poipoia te kākano, kia puāwai – Nurture the seed and it will blossom
This term we have had a major focus on the Performing and Visual arts and we would love to share some of what we have learnt and worked on in our classrooms, as well as in our Hub. Some students have also been involved with the Artsplash Choir and the kapa haka group.
We are having an open afternoon on Thursday 14th September and wish to invite you along to view your child’s work and enjoy some entertainment. This will be from 2.10pm – 3.00pm.
Outside your child’s classroom and/or under the canopy we will have tables displaying artworks which will include our pottery pieces from our sessions with Magrite Freie. Please feel free to wander around and have a look.
Then we will all meet under the canopy to enjoy:
a performance by the kapa haka group
dance routines from Kopara and Horoeka sessions with Footsteps Dance
songs from the Artsplash Choir who have recently performed at the Artsplash Festival in Wellington
dance routines from Kereru and Ngahere
You are welcome to collect your child’s pottery piece after the performances to take home.
We look forward to seeing you all there.
Top level navigation
- Tawhai School
- Our Learning
- Our People
- 10 Years of Enviroschool
- Our Kapa Haka Group Perform at the Cultural Festival
- The Whanau Picnic & Curriculum Expo 2023
- Mihi Whakatau, Term 1 2023
- PB4L Fun Day 2022
- Ngā Manu Open Afternoon
- Values T Shirt Awards 2022
- Year 4 & 5 Assembly 2022
- The Class of 2022 in Photos!
- Year 5 & 6 Camp 2021
- Horoeka Street Reserve Family Open Day 2023
- Stokes Valley Christmas Parade 2022
- Year 6 Leavers’ Dinner & Prize Giving 2022
- The Rock Bottom Production by Craig Hawes 2021
- Inter-Zone Athletics
- Tawhai Cup Year 5 & 6
- The Colour Run Camp Fundraiser 2023