Kia ora o te whānau
This morning the whole of Tawhai Kura came together for our own special ANZAC ceremony to remember not only those who died at Gallipoli, but all who have served their country in times of war.
Organised by some of our wonderful Tu Rangatira, Liam, Eliyah, Charlotte, Miles, Libby, Abby, Ava, and Taylor, the ceremony involved the laying of 2 wreaths by Eliyah, Liam, Ava, and Libby at the front of the stage, made up beautifully with poppies from each and every tamriki in the kura. We said our karakia and sang the National Anthem. Abby recited the Ode of Remembrance then we listened to the ‘Last Post’ before observing a minute’s silence. We were all silent, sombre and respectful!
Top level navigation
- Tawhai School
- Our Learning
- Our People
- 10 Years of Enviroschool
- Our Kapa Haka Group Perform at the Cultural Festival
- The Whanau Picnic & Curriculum Expo 2023
- Mihi Whakatau, Term 1 2023
- PB4L Fun Day 2022
- Ngā Manu Open Afternoon
- Values T Shirt Awards 2022
- Year 4 & 5 Assembly 2022
- The Class of 2022 in Photos!
- Year 5 & 6 Camp 2021
- Horoeka Street Reserve Family Open Day 2023
- Stokes Valley Christmas Parade 2022
- Year 6 Leavers’ Dinner & Prize Giving 2022
- The Rock Bottom Production by Craig Hawes 2021
- Inter-Zone Athletics
- Tawhai Cup Year 5 & 6
- The Colour Run Camp Fundraiser 2023