Kia ora koutou e te whānau
This notice is to advise that Tawhai School will be closed on Thursday 16th March due to
industrial action being taken by NZEI union members.
Principals and teachers in primary, area schools and kindergartens have considered at
length offers from the government to settle respective collective agreements. The offers
did not meet expectations, nor make sufficient steps towards the changes we need for
all our tamariki to succeed.
Our tamariki need a quality education. And we want to give that to them. Unfortunately,
the funding for our schools and kindergartens is not enough to support all our kids to
This issue is not just about taking steps to attract and retain educators by ensuring that
teaching is a valued and attractive profession. Lack of learning support and classroom
sizes are a major area of concern and needs to be addressed.
Tawhai School strives to empower our children to flourish in an ever-changing world.
The Tawhai School Board stands alongside teachers, principals, whānau and other
educators to secure the political support to make this happen.
There is sadly no capacity for childcare during the school day on this date.
More information regarding NZEI Te Riu Roa can be found here:
Thank you for your understanding and your support.
Top level navigation
- Tawhai School
- Our Learning
- Our People
- Tawhai School at the Polyfest 2019
- The Whanau Picnic & Curriculum Expo 2021
- Artsplash 2019
- Friday Fun Day 2021
- Dancesplash 2019
- Central/Northern Zone Athletics 2020
- Year 4 & 5 Assembly 2021
- The Class of 2021 in Photos!
- Year 5 & 6 Camp 2021
- Horoeka Reserve Puanga / Matariki Event 2021
- Stokes Valley Christmas Parade 2020
- Year 6 Leavers’ Dinner & Prize Giving 2021
- The Rock Bottom Production by Craig Hawes 2021
- Interzone Cross Country 2021
- Walkathon & Blue Day
- Tawhai School Cross Country 2021