The Learning Support Coordinator at Tawhai School is Ginny Treadwell.
You can contact me by ringing the school office or by emailing email@example.com
I am here to support you and your child. Some of the ways I can do this may include:
- Identifying and contacting agencies to support you and your child.
- Developing and reviewing a ‘One Plan’ for your child, recording the agencies and supports in place.
- Coordinating meetings with you, your child’s teacher, and other agencies.
- Ensuring strategies are put in place to support your child’s learning.
- Assisting with transitions between EEC, Primary School and Intermediate.
- Sharing documents and reports – with your permission.
- Ensuring you are aware of the agencies that may be involved with your child and what their role is.
- Working alongside your child’s teacher to put strategies in place, within the classroom.
LSC’s work collaboratively with whanau, staff, and outside agencies to organise learning support around what best meets the needs of identified students at their school. The role ensures Whanau have one point of contact to liaise with multiple agencies, students receive the additional support available to them, and teachers can build their capabilities within the classroom.
The Upper Hutt cluster currently has 14 LSC’s employed by Te Kura Te Haukaretu, 1 at St Pat’s College and 1 at HIBS. We meet weekly to discuss cluster wide initiatives, engage in professional development and to further develop our role.